Stay-At-Home Education Resources
Apr 8, 2020
In the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, many of you are developing science segments to educate your viewers and to help people teaching their children at home.
In the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, many of you are developing science segments to educate your viewers and to help people teaching their children at home. To support the great work you are doing, we want to share a collection of climate and earth science education resources:
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Climate science: causes, impacts, and modeling —for students from elementary to high school
- Games and activities for kids and teens — from clouds to severe storms
- Science on a Sphere for tablets and mobile devices — stunning earth science data visualizations and example lessons
UCAR - The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
Find additional resources on meteorology and oceanography from
- National Weather Association
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Of course, all material from our Climate Matters media library is available to use for educational purposes, and you can share data from WeatherPower, our renewable energy forecasting tool that shows how much wind and solar electricity generation based on the daily weather.